Tuesday, November 29, 2011

What is Success?


Success is not measured by the amount of money one has accumulated but by the fulfillment of hopes and dreams which cannot be bought by money. Money can be a tool for materializing dreams but is not the sole reason for success and does not bring true happiness. Here are the top on my list of things which I consider a success: a happy family and the fulfillment of having to help others.

For me, having a happy family is a success. Being able help provide all the necessities for my family namely: food, shelter, and clothing; being able to send our future children to good schools; being able to give my family unconditional love, spend wonderful years with them and the pleasure of growing old with my husband are success for me. That happiness cannot be bought by any material things, not even money. 

Another thing which I consider a success is by helping others. As a human being, we live in this world not only to live for ourselves but also to live for others. We cannot deny the fact that sharing gives more happiness than receiving and the fulfillment it brings to our lives is unimaginable. Also, by helping others in a small way, it makes a big difference in the world and in peoples’ lives. 

For others success might mean differently and I cannot judge them for that. But for me, having a happy family and helping others bring unprecedented happiness and fulfillment in my life and that’s what I consider a success.

No comments: